I wrote my quest to find the appropriate CMS that I was expecting to find, thinking since 2012, the offer may have evolved: **I have been disappointed**
This article is presenting a new solution which was recommended to me by Magnus Hillestad:
It is not an endorsed article. I think it would be interesting to share my impressions about this CMS as well.
Static CMS generators are great: highly optimized pages, blazing fast.
But they have a major drawback, the editing functionality. Sure it’s fun to edit a page using your favorite editor.
But remember :
How will you edit the file from GIT using your phone? And then push it.
You will often write when you have spare time, anywhere and probably in BUS / METRO / TRAMWAY.
The origin of the project is a CMS / Authoring extension from a bigger project created inside the company BENGLER.
The SANITY became a spin-off project from BENGLER and soon enough reach the MVP status by hosting a famous blog.
The first public launch has been in November 2017.
Features I am expecting
- a REST backend
- Documented RESTFul Apis
- a database driver compatible NoSQL
- a bundled Admin UI accessing by an API to the REST Backend
- a docker image or docker-compose
- possibility to add custom fields
- possibility to handle markdown format for the edition
- Cloud FS Storage for my medias
- Optimized solution: I don’t want a new WordPress installation
- Node.JS solution: I want a lightweight solution
- Self-hosted solution: I want to deploy it on Google Cloud.
How to Install :
According to the site, you are starting with the command :
npm install -g @sanity/cli && san
The NPM Installer is requiring you to create an account on Sanity.io using Github or Google.
I picked Github:
On my first attempt, I wasn’t lucky and the Github authentication failed.!