Clone this wiki locally
An application for migrating the configuration of JBoss AS 5-based servers to JBoss AS 7-based servers.
- 2014 05-01 WindRide is becoming a part of Windup: https://github.com/windup/windup/
- 2013-10-21 As of 1.2.0, WindRide's Maven structure is split to engine, rules, and later, plugins.
- 2013-10-10 Released 1.1.0 with WindUp integration.
- 2013-10-06 Working on WindUp integration. Will appear in 1.1.0.
- 2013-08-26 Released 1.0.0. Generally available for testing & playing.
- 2013-07-30 Released 0.11.0. Contains externalized rules. Will become 1.0.0 soon.
- 2013-07-30 Renamed the project to WindRide.
- 2013-07-22 New video covering the externalized rules published, see Videos.
- Reads the source server configuration
- Transfers the logical components of the configuration to the target server
- Rolls back all changes made if something goes wrong
- Identifies the source server version
- Detects file changes against the server distribution archive
- Creates a XML/HTML report about the migration
- JBoss AS/EAP specific:
- Can migrate to a remote destination server
- Can create modules, e.g. for JDBC drivers
- Produces a CLI script which can be reused later
- Externalized Migrator Definition Rules
- JAXB beans can be validated using BeanValidation 1.1 / Hibernate Validator 5
Features in progress
- WindUp integration - can assess the deployed applications and create HTML reports.
- Can compare configuration value changes against those in the server distribution archive
- Operates on a newly created target server profile, leaves the original configuration intact
- Can launch the target server to verify if the migration succeeded
- Support for other source servers (Oracle WebLogic, GlassFish, IBM WebSphere, Tomcat, Resin)
- Where to Download
- How to Run
- How Backup Works
- Supported Servers
- Migrators - about, and configuration of specific modules
- Issue tracker / bug reports / known issues (component Mig57)
- Related Projects
- How to Build
- Developer Info
- GitHub repository - Ondrej Zizka